Mill Creek Nature Center
Mill Creek Nature Center is a wetlands/wildlife preserve in Gwinnett County, owned and managed by the Georgia Wildlife Federation. In May 2003, this 88-acre tract was donated to GWF by the Mall of Georgia Partners. The trails consist of natural and boardwalk pathways, 2 bridges crossing over Ivy Creek, an observation tower, a fifteen-bench and stage amphitheatre
, a raised workstation alongside Little Ivy Creek and several benches along the paths to sit and take in the beauty of your surroundings.
GWF volunteers have been instrumental in developing trails and maintainting
the property. Please consider becoming a volunteer
to help us manage the site and continue our wildlife conservation programs.
Make plans to celebrate Earth Day on Saturday, April 22 at Mill Creek Nature Center. We'll be getting our hands dirty by removing invasive, exotic privet from the wetland. This nasty plant chokes out our native vegetation and can quickly alter the natural landscape that our wildlife depends. Thankfully, the ongoing efforts of our volunteers keep it at bay and continue the GWF mission to restore and rehabilitate our wildlife habitats.
If you can join us, meet at the Bird Watchers Supply Store (1999 Mall of Georgia Blvd #200, Buford, GA 30519) at 9 a.m. with bottled water, insect repellent, gloves, and hand tools such as pruners, loppers and clippers. As a special treat, at 11 a.m. we'll enjoy a presentation by Susan Meyers from Monarch Across Georgia.
Please email Hank Ohme, firstname.lastname@example.org, to register.
- Mill Creek Nature Center is open to the public from sunrise to sunset every day.
- All MCNC trails are for foot traffic only.
- The Ivy Creek Greenway is for pedestrians and non-motorized bicycles only.
Please help the Georgia Wildlife Federation keep this beautiful property clean and safe. Thank you for your cooperation.
The following activities are prohibited at Mill Creek Nature Center:
- smoking and vaping
- possessing and/or drinking alcoholic beverages
- possessing and/or using illegal drugs
- lewd and/or indecent behavior
- loud music or noise
- defacing and/or destruction of property
- feeding wildlife
- harming wildlife
Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash and controlled by the owner at all times.
The entrance to MCNC is at the intersection of Mall of Georgia Blvd and Nature Center Parkway in Buford, Georgia (some maps just say "Nature Parkway") between Wendy's and the Bird Watchers Supply Store (1999B Mall of Georgia Blvd). Here are a few additional tips to help you find the trail.
- MCNC is across the street from the Mall of Georgia (Dillards is the closest store).
- Entering "Mill Creek Nature Center" in Google Maps puts you very close. The pin is on Everland Play which is one traffic light away from Nature Center Parkway.
- The approximate GPS coordinates are 34 3'43" N 83 59'5" W